Travel Itinerary Backpacking Guide for two weeks in Japan, which cover Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo and Yokohama
Hi everyone, I just came back from Japan this afternoon. I want to share our Travel Itinerary Backpacking for two weeks in Japan, which cover Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo and Yokohama before I forget everything because tomorrow I’ll be going back to work a.k.a back to reality and all the routines, Hahaha… You know what? I always thought that it’s so expensive to travel to Japan. But when I was there, it turns out the cost of food is not as expensive as what I thought. I found lots of delicious and affordable places to eat. Of course, we can do it because we’ve made a COMPLETE RESEARCH through the Internet before going there. Not only transportation, but also the accommodation, the attractions and places to eat. I got lots of good references from another blogger in Japan, and from some other travelers who had been to Japan.
I will also share with you many easy tips on buying a train ticket, riding a bicycle around Kyoto, easy way to buy food or drinks in vending machines, budget traveling around Japan and many other things. Here I will write a quick summary of many places, restaurants, and street food that we have visited from this #myfunfoodiaryjapan and #happytravelistajapan trip, so you can easily click on the link below to read more about it. In the meantime, I’m just going to share the big picture from our Japan trip, and the review of each place will available later. Happy reading, friends! 🙂
FIRST PREPARATION ON BACKPACKING TO JAPAN: <— Click Here to Read More!
- Find the cheapest airfares from any budget airlines, could be a year before the date of departure.
Make a departure visa at the embassy of Japan.
- Make a complete itinerary for the first day until the last day in Japan.
TRAVEL JAPAN TIPS: <— Click Here to Read More!
- Should I buy a Sim Card when in Japan, or Rent a Mobile WIFI? If you want to save money, it’s okay not to rent a WIFI. As long as you prepared your itinerary wisely and you can save the map earlier before you leave your hotel. Use the Hotel WIFI to save Bus/Train Route, location map, etc. That’s exactly what we did on our FIRST Japan trip last year 2014. OR… You can rent a mobile WIFI just like we did on our SECOND trip to Japan this July 2015. We rent a mobile WIFI (also known as MIFI) from Jakarta for only Rp. 730.000,– we got 7 GB Internet Data for 2 weeks in Japan, it’s more than enough and it was pretty cheap!! So, if you’re looking to rent a PORTABLE WIFI device for use within Japan, just rent from Jakarta. Just go to HIS TRAVEL Office at AEON Mall (BSD – Serpong, phone number: 021. 29168351) or MidPlaza 1 at Sudirman (Jakarta, phone number: 021. 57952059)
- Traveling with a bicycle in Kyoto, Japan <— Click Here to Read More!
- How to get FREE Admission to some attractions in OSAKA? <— Click Here to Read More!
- Save more cost for Transportation while hopping around from one place to another in Japan using OSAKA Amazing Pass, SUICA or PASMO Card, Willer Express Bus, and TOEI One-Day Economy Pass <— Click Here to Read More!
- Save more cost when buying mineral water or Drinks in Japan
- How to use the Vending Machine in Japan to buy food and drink?
- OSAKA => Hotel Toyo, Dobutsuen-mae station (Rp. 428.775,– or equal to USD37.21 per night)
- 2 Nights = Rp. 857.550,-
- KYOTO => Kanko Ryokan Hotel Omiya, Kyoto station (Rp. 1.218.410,– or equal to USD 105.62 per night)
- 1 Night = Rp. 1.218.410,-
- TOKYO => Business Hotel Kuramae, Kuramae station (Rp. 660.000,– or equal to USD58 per night)
- 7 Nights = Rp. 4.615.431,-
Accomodation per person = Rp. 3.345.695,-
- Jakarta-Osaka: Rp. 4.512.000,– for 2 pax
- Osaka-Jakarta: Rp. 9.412.747,– for 2 pax
Flight per person Jakarta-Osaka-Jakarta = Rp. 6.962.393,-
- OSAKA (day 1-3)
- 2-Days Osaka Amazing Pass = ¥3000 per person
- Regular Train from Dobutsunmae to Shin Osaka Station = ¥280 per person
- JR Rapid Tickets from Shin Osaka Station to Kyoto = ¥560 per person
- Regular Train from Umeda Sky Building to Namba = ¥240 per person
- Coin Locker at Namba Nankai Station = ¥700 per locker
- Regular Train from Namba to Kansai Airport = ¥920 per person
- KYOTO (day 4-5)
- Regular Ticket from Takaracho Station to Kuramae Station = ¥180 per person
- Pasmo or Suica Card = ¥2000 per person
- Reload Pasmo or Suica Card = ¥2000 x 2 = ¥4000 per person
- Toei One Day Pass = ¥700 per person (day 11)
- Toei One Day Pass = ¥500 per person (day 12)
Transportation per person = ¥24.460 (with a conversion rate 1¥ = RP. 115.50 at that time, equals to Rp. 2.825.130,-)
- Honke Kamadoya = ¥570 (1 meal)
- Don Don Tei = ¥720 (1 meal)
- Takoyaki 8 pcs at Konamon Museum, Dotonbori = ¥550
- Dragon Ramen at Dotonbori = ¥600 (1 meal)
- Katsu Dinner at Hankyu Sanban Gai Shopping Mall = ¥1.290 (2 meals)
- Tsuruhashi Fugetsu, Dotonbori = ¥1.310 (1 meal)
- Bento Set at Shin Osaka Station, next to Estacion Cafe = ¥420 (1 meal)
- Daikan Sushi, Dotonbori = ¥1.080
- Daimaru Kushikatsu, Dotonbori = ¥1.296
- Coffee Break Time at Captain Terry Coffee Stadium = ¥1.010 (coffee + 1 meal)
- Shichifukujin Ramen = ¥1.600 (2 meals)
- Starbucks Iced Cafe Latte at Ponto-Cho Alley = ¥388
- Beef Bowl Restaurant nearby to Ponto-Cho Alley = ¥780 (2 meals)
- Matcha Ice Cream at Fushimi Inari-Taisha = ¥360
- Takoyaki 8pcs at Fushimi Inari-Taisha = ¥360
- Lunch at Kiyomizu Dera = ¥1.550 (2 meals)
- KYK Tonkatsu Restaurant =¥2.040 (2 meals)
- BLT Sandwich at Lawson = ¥288
- Japanese Ocha at Lawson = ¥129
- Lunch day 5 at Tokyo Food Bar = ¥670 (1 meal)
- Peach Dorayaki ¥162 + Tart Pie ¥129 at Akihabara with tax = ¥291
- French Fries Large at Mc Donald’s Akihabara = ¥159
- Delicious Fancy Bread = ¥335
- Dinner at Toriton Sushi, Solamachi Dining = ¥2.170
- Potato Croquette at the Supermarket = ¥150
- Lunch day 6 at Sukiya Gyudon 24 Hours Restaurant = ¥1.317 (2 meals)
- Minnie Mouse Ice Cream at Tokyo Disneyland = ¥310
- Dinner at Sukiya Gyudon 24 Hours Restaurant = ¥1.026 (2 meals)
- Brunch day 7 with Soba Set at Shin Kiba Station = ¥670 (1 meal)
- Egg Sandwich ¥257 + Salmon Onigiri ¥163 with tax = ¥420
- Lunch with Special Summer Menu in Tokyo Disneysea = ¥1.490 (1 meal)
- Popcorn in Tokyo Disneysea = ¥310
- Late dinner at Sukiya Gyudon 24 Hours Restaurant = ¥1.090 (2 meals)
- Big Mineral Water (1 litre) ¥108 + Roll Cake ¥100 + Cheese Cake ¥108 at Daily Yamazaki Market with tax = ¥316
- Lunch day 8 at Osuri Restaurant = ¥2.257 (2 meals)
- Tea Time at Aoyama Flower Market Tea House = ¥1.728 (dessert and drink)
- Dinner at Rose Tei Restaurant, Takashimaya Shinjuku = ¥2.484 (2 meals)
- Brunch day 9 at Hakosoba Restaurant at Noborito Station = ¥620 (1 meal)
- Another Late Lunch at Fujiko F Fujio Museum Cafe = ¥1.800 (main course + coffee)
- Pork Bone Soup at Ramen Museum = ¥930 (1 meal)
- Dinner at Chikara Meshi Restaurant = ¥690 (1 meal)
- Lunch day 10 at Hyoki Restaurant = ¥2.000 (2 meals)
- Dinner at Premium Sushi Train KAIO Sushi, Diver City = ¥1.026
- Late Dinner at Sukiya Gyudon 24 Hours Restaurant = ¥
- Lunch day 11 at Solare Restaurant, Shinjuku = ¥1.440 (2 meals)
- Late Dinner at Sukiya Gyudon 24 Hours Restaurant = ¥583 (1 meal)
- Dessert day 12 Matcha at Santa Monica Crepes, Shinjuku = ¥580
- Lunch day 12 at Omohara Station Cafe, Tokyu Plaza, Shinjuku = ¥1.782 (2 meals)
- Dinner at Seiya Ramen, Shinjuku = ¥1.100 (2 meals)
Meals per person = ¥23.042 (with a conversion rate 1¥ = RP. 115.50 at that time, equals to Rp. 2.661.400,-)
- OSAKA (day 1-3)
- Kaiyukan Aquarium ¥2300 per person. I can get ¥100 discount on one Adult ticket because I have the Osaka Amazing Pass. So, I pay ¥2200 per person.
- Tempozan Giant Ferris Wheel => Regular Fee is ¥800 per person, but using the Osaka Amazing Pass, it’s FREE!!
- Santa Maria Cruise Ship => Regular Fee is ¥1600 per person, but using the Osaka Amazing Pass, it’s FREE!
- Umeda Sky Building + Floating Garden Observatory => Regular Fee is ¥700 per person, but using the Osaka Amazing Pass, it’s FREE!
- HEP Five Ferris Wheel => Regular Fee is ¥500 per person, but using the Osaka Amazing Pass, it’s FREE!
- Osaka Castle => Regular Fee is ¥600 per person, but using the Osaka Amazing Pass, it’s FREE!
- KYOTO (day 4-5)
Attractions per person = ¥26.210 (with a conversion rate 1¥ = RP. 115.50 at that time, equals to Rp. 3.027.255,-)
TOTAL EXPENSES per PERSON = Rp. 18.821.873,-
MUST VISIT Places – Tourist Attractions in:
- OSAKA Kaiyukan Aquarium
- Santa Maria Cruise Ship
- Tempozan Giant Ferris Wheel
- Floating Garden Observatory at Umeda Sky Building
- HEP Five Ferris Wheel
- OSAKA Castle
- Kinkaku-ji Temple (The Golden Pavillion Temple)
- Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine 伏見稲荷大社 where you can see the amazing 1000 gates!!!
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple; an independent Buddhist temple in eastern Kyoto
- Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- SEGA Building
- Tokyo Disneyland
- Tokyo Disneysea
- Fujiko F. Fujio Doraemon Museum 藤子・Ｆ・不二雄ミュージアム
- Minato Mirai
- Honda Asimo
- Gundam Front
- Hanabi Festival at Shinozaki area
- Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum
CULINARY – Where and What to EAT in:
I don’t know why, but a LOT of restaurants in Japan offer amazing Lunch Set with a very affordable price compare to Dinner Set. I’ve tried some of them, for example, when I ate at Hyoki Shabu-Shabu Restaurant in Nishiazabu, Roppongi Area, Tokyo and at Osuri Korean Fusion Restaurant in Tokyo, Japan. I will share more about these two restaurants later on! Meanwhile, you can click on other restaurants that I’ve finished writing below.
- Dragon Ramen at Dotonbori
- Don Don Tei; Japanese Fast Food in Osaka <— Click Here to Read More!
- Honke-Kamadoya nearby to OSAKA Kaiyukan Aquarium <— Click Here to Read More!
- Takoyaki at Dotonbori Konamon Museum
- Tonkatsu Hankyu Sanban Gai
- Tsuruhashi Fugetsu at Dotonbori
- Daikan Sushi at Dotonbori
- Daruma Kushikatsu at Dotonbori
- Captain Terry Coffee Stadium at Sennichie-mae
- Shichifukujin Ramen
- Kamogawa – Ponto-cho Alley
- KYK Tonkatsu at Porta Dining
- Doraemon / Fujiko F Fujio Museum Cafe
- Cafe Wheel Bar at Tokyo Food Bar
- Toriton Sushi
- Sukiya 24 Hours Restaurant
- Osuri Restaurant; Korean Fusion
- Aoyama Flower Market Tea House
- Rose Tei Restaurant
- Hakosoba at Noborito Station
- Chikara Meshi Restaurant
- Hyoki Restaurant
- Premium Sushi Train KAIO Sushi <— Click Here to Read More!
- Cafe Solare
- Santa Monica Crepes
- Omohara Station Cafe
- Ramen Seiya
- Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum
I think that’s all for now. It’s time for me to sleep, because I gotta wake up early for work again tomorrow. Hooaaam! Good night, funfoodiers! Stay tune for more upcoming post related to my Japan trip, soon!